Visiting friends you have not seen in a long time is like opening a time capsule. Have they changed? Have you changed?
Luke, Anu, and Jak met up with me at Edge Hill to go out for lunch and see the old town on Tuesday. These three have been so caring over the last year with keeping in touch and we have been keeping tabs on what one another is up to. Edge Hill has changed so much in just one year! The campus has two new halls and a new sporting complex is in the works! For such a humble little university, it is certainly transforming into a college that is slowly taking over Ormskirk--kind of like the way Ashland University is soaking up any open land remaining in Ashland. Le Frog Bistro is no longer and old shops have new names, new owners, and new employees. I went back to my most-frequented stores, but was unable to locate any of my favourite shopkeepers. The strangest was ASOS where Joe and Gemma worked. It used to be a dress shop where I would go once a week and it was always pumping the latest tracks out of the speakers. Now, it has a new name and on the top floor holds boys' clothes and a single barber chair? 'Twas very strange.
My friends and I did grab a bite to eat at Disraeli's and catching up with them over good food and conversation in my favourite English town was the happiest I have been since arriving back in Europe. I felt so comfortable, like I was in the right place. Also, finally seeing people who only existed through Facebook pictures for a year was like seeing a storybook come to life. ("I'm a real boy, now!")
So, thank you all for meeting up with me! I know that many of my friends are home for Easter break and it was not possible for them to come back to visit. Hello to all of you and I hope that you have a great holiday at home! I will see you next time around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment