My life and times in Ireland.


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tidiest Town

Kenmare is the “tidiest town” in Ireland. Seriously! Do you realize how much pressure this is? I don’t want to ruin a reputation like this for a town that has held this title for many years in a row. I have been doing my best, and it is incredibly easy to stay ‘tidy’ when all I have is two suitcases worth of possessions. How much mess could that possibly cause? Even the untidiest person in the world would have trouble turning two suitcases of clothes and accessories into a dump.
To dad: Sit down for this. I cleaned my bathroom. I know, shocker! In my family, I am considered somewhat of the ‘princess’ because for a twenty-something I have been very pampered by living at home and my parents have made my life very easy. Now that I am ‘on my own’ for awhile, I was not sure how cleaning would go.
But call me Martha Stewart because I am doing really well! Bathroom: check. Wood floors: check. Windows: check. Dusting: check. Vacuuming: check. Kitchen: check. I think that I might just get the Miss Tidiest Town Tidier 2010 Award. This doesn’t exist, but it will by May 1st. At least I know that if I have the responsibility of an entire apartment one day, that I can do it! (Nike.)
The worst part of being ‘tidy’ is doing dishes. Doing the dishes is not fun. It was fun for a minute, and then after I finished that spoon, it’s been downhill from there. It might have to do with my dislike of wet textures and grimy food. Even worse than washing the dishes? Reaching down into the dirty water to pull the plug to release all of the gunky water into the deep, dark pipes. Gnasty.
I still fear doing the laundry…wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment