My life and times in Ireland.


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Packing Gold


Hello Readers!

In just a few short weeks, I will be heading for the sweet shores of Ireland. This time though, I will be heading to the unknown as one of two Americans in a town on the west coast. Just 1400 people live in the town of Kenmare and I will have the great privilege of actually being allowed to teach in their primary boys' and girls' schools for a little while. Check it out: http://www.kenmare.com/

I am very happy to be going back to Europe and make new friends all over again. Fortunately, I will also have time to visit my 'old' friends back in Ormskirk. (Hello friends!) There is not a day that has passed where I have not thought of the good times we all shared there and I look forward to seeing you all again very soon.



Just two months to the day before I was supposed to be boarding the plane for Ireland, there was a television special about the exact town where I will be teaching--so I think it is a sign that this was meant to be. I also looked into teaching in Brazil before signing-up for Ireland over a year ago, but I have recently found out that the arrangements for Brazil fell through. I've got a feeling--like the Black Eyed Peas--that this is going to be a great experience.

And yes, English friends, I am bringing my resume (CV) in hopes that I will land a teaching job in the UK or Ireland. Be ready--Ashley "The Yank" Carpenter is coming back!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment